2018 Festival Proceeds To Benefit Outstanding Organizations
The 2018 Italian American Heritage Festival of Iowa will choose to give back to two outstanding organizations here in central Iowa. A portion of the profits will benefit ChildServe, while food and cash donations from festival visitors will be collected on behalf of The Food Bank of Iowa.
The Food Bank of Iowa is a private, not-for-profit organization striving to meet the critical food needs of a diverse population through a network of more than 375 partner agencies in 55 counties. As a non-profit food bank, their primary role is to provide food to the charitable agencies offering direct service to hungry Iowans.
Giving Back to the Community
The Italian American Heritage Festival of Iowa would not be possible without the efforts of the members of three Iowa-based Italian organizations: The Italian American Cultural Center of Iowa, the Societa’ Vittoria Italiana (Vittoria Lodge) and the Society of Italian Americans.
Proceeds from the festival are used by these organizations to promote and preserve the Italian and Italian-American heritage in our communities, to fund scholarships for young Italian Americans, and to give back to the community through donations for worthy causes.
Those in our community that benefited from our charitable efforts over the past six years included:
- Best Buddies
- YESS (Youth Emergency Services and Shelter)
- JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) Greater Iowa Chapter
- Children’s Cancer Connection, Des Moines, Iowa
- Amanda the Panda – Windsor Heights, Iowa
- GiGi’s Playhouse – Des Moines
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of Iowa
- Food Bank of Iowa
- Amatrice, Italy Earthquake Victims
- Bidwell Riverside Community Center
- Pioneer Columbus Community Center
- The Catholic Worker House in Des Moines
- Italian American Cultural Center of Iowa Mortgage Relief Donation
- Care Packages to Italian American Soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan
- College Scholarships for Italian American Students
- Lincoln High School After-Prom Party
- Dowling High School After-Prom Party
- St. Anthony’s Catholic Church Building Fund
- St. Anthony’s Catholic Church Grotto Project
- St. Anthony Boy Scouts Troop #139
- Multiple Sclerosis Challenge Walk